Skaņu Mežs will happen on October 11-12 at concert hall Hanzas Perons (16a Hanzas street).
First confirmed acts:
- Michael Gira, leader of legendary experimental rock group Swans with a solo acoustic performance as well veteran Swans guitarist Norman Westberg with a concert of ambient music.
- Noise musician, ex-Wolf Eyes member and chief of Hanson Records Aaron Dilloway.
- Violin player Irvine Arditti, founder of the influential Arditti Quartet, who will play works by Salvatore Sciarrino, James Clarker and Rober H.P. Platz (world premiere).
- London-based electronic music project patten with an immersive audiovisual show.
Recently announced artists:
- Circuit des Yeux
- Manonmars (Young Echo)
- White Suns
- Music of Anita Mieze
- Music of Edison Denisov Composer
- Krists Auznieks by Trevor Saint
- Terrence Dixon a.k.a. Population One
- John Bence
- Daniel Rozenhall and Sten Backman
- Erwan Keravec
- Subtle Degrees (Travis Laplante and Gerald Cleaver)
- Lucy Railton
Full program of the festival
Stay tuned for further announcements of Skaņu Mežs 2019. Tickets to the festival can be purchased here: ticketservice.lv. Advance sales ticket for a single concert night currently costs 15 EUR and will increase in price. Meanwhile, the first 100 two-day passes are available for 22 EUR.
Age limit to the event: from 10 years old persons
Event language: Latvian/English
Doors open: half an hour before the event
Event length: 11.- 12.10
Location for the disabled in a wheelchair: yes
Skaņu Mežs festival is supported by the Ministry of Culture of Latvia, State Culture Capital Foundation, the Municipality of Riga, Trust for Mutual Understanding, Danish Cultural Institute as well as iRobot, Valmiermuiža and Red Bull Music Academy. Skaņu Mežs is also a member of the SHAPE platform for innovative music and audiovisual art, supported by the „Creative Europe” program of the European Union, and I.C.A.S., an international network of festivals, devoted to adventurous sound.
Michael Gira at the MUSEUM (Swans)
Please confirm it, and stay informed with Hanzas Perons.